September 17, 2012

A new member to our family - Katie

We have added a new member to our family, a chocolate Lab named Katie.  Katie's around 2 years old, she's a sweetheart, Angus and Pearl like her.  Boo, our cat, not so sure :)  Here she is:

Katie comes to us from our neighbor's dad.  Her dad is 83 and in poor health.  My husband, Mike is an avid hunter and this nice man was also an avid hunter.  We offered to take Katie and he was so happy because he knows Mike and I will not only take the best care of her, but Mike will hunt her.  We've only had her 2 days and we LOVE her :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new member to the family. Lets get together soon!
Anne

Jude said...

I found your blog while looking at entries at the Retro Sketches blog...your cards are lovely, but as a fellow dog person, I was so touched to read about Katie, your new family member. How wonderful that she has been able to join your family.

Judy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Awww - what a sweetie, Lucille! Love your doggie children! Hugs!

Geri said...

Oh my, what a kind and caring deed you have done for your neighbor! I can just imagine how happy he must be now knowing that his Katie is being cared for by such a loving family. It seriously brings tears to my eyes. Our world needs more people like you!

So glad that I found your blog. I will be visiting often. Your witch card was actually one of the cards that I quickly tucked into my favorites folder the second I saw it!

Anonymous said...

Hi, look how cute Katie is. Arf Arf, Cynthia